Sunday, November 28, 2010

JUST PLAIN COOL

Photobucket
Road Popper $40-

I am full on in the Christmas spirit, so you can safely assume that the majority of my posts from now til Santa comes down my chimney (or through the window since my NYC fireplace is merely decorative), will be holiday themed. If you are like me, buying that special something for the men in your life can present quite a challenge. Not to mention the "little fillers." My better half and I have been doing stockings for each other for the past few years, you know, because when you turn 25 Santa has to take a break from coming to see you until you have kids of your own? Well, when it comes to finding great little things that fit within the knitted socks, men's stuff is just plain complicated. What are you supposed to give? Socks? A tie? Cufflinks? Lame. It isn't like you can fill a man's stocking with fantastic jewelry pieces, the perfect shade of lipgloss, or a great scented candle. Girls are just so much easier. Every year I work hard so that each and every gift I give is something cool and unique. I want an "oooh" or an "ahhh" to be evoked when each gift is opened or pulled out from the green and red oversized sock.

Last year I was saved when I discovered this site. COOL MATERIAL. This site is full of unique gifts for the special males in your life. I was able to find awesome gifts for everyone from my dad, to my then fiance, to my 11 year old brother. Cool Material's Holiday Gift Guide has something for everyone from "The Dapper Man" to "The Outdoorsman", which means there is something for everyone! There is even a list of gifts for "The Lush" in your life. What more can you ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment