Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Raining Men!

Anyone who knows me knows that I tend to rock ridiculously tall shoes. Even when my feet are absolutely killing me, if the outfit needs it, I grow the four to six inches. Platforms pumps have made this feat (pun intended) a little easier but the hot new looks for fall are all the more comfortable. Menswear-inspired shoes are all the rage. And the great part is that they are almost all flats! Everything from the penny loafer to the lace up oxford is being seen in fashion's latest looks.

From Sienna Miller to Kate Moss, your fashion icons have be rocking their boyfriends' kicks. And if they are doing it....then everyone should! Pair some neon yellow oxfords like Sienna with rolled up jeans and a slouchy tee. Or sport the pennies with cropped skinny jeans and a moto jacket or blazer like Kate. Designers are all over the loafer trend for spring as well, so invest in a pair that will transition and last a few seasons.

So, I have to admit. I do not own a pair of flat oxfords. Being a size 9, I hate anything that makes my foot look super long. But, I haven't given up hope. It is just going to take the right pair. I have a fantastic pair of grey, lace-up, oxford-esque, heeled booties straight from Paris that will suffice in the meantime. As far as penny loafers go, they will be in my closet asap. A classic pair of black patents are the perfect slide on and go addition for your feet!

This weekend, I ventured into a flea market and found a pair of black linen Chanel loafers for only $50! Unfortunately they were about a size too big, but I tried my damnest to make them work. It just wasn't going to happen. In near mint condition, I should have thought it through and resold those mean babies on eBay, making a nice little profit. But, I didn't. Perhaps leaving those black classics for the next larger footed bargain hunter will give me good karma in my job hunt this week....or at least in finding a great pair for myself?! Perhaps I will score one of these....


3 comments:

  1. Check out the jeffrey campbell oxfords. I'm a ten and they make my feet look tiny, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Sophia Bush, I got your comment on Twitter and decided to check it out! GREAT blog I can't wait for more content, I will refer all my friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely check out the JC oxfords. And thanks Soph! I appreciate your support! Glad you are enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete