Friday, October 9, 2009

Off The Cuff


I DIE for large gaudy accessories, and with big cuffs having a huge “it” factor the fall…I have been on the prowl. Last week I had a great find…for a measly $16 at Forever 21, an extraordinary black cuff with gold trim and rhinestones galore, learned to call my wrist “home.” Today during my daily dose of The Cut, I came across an article highlighting a bracelet from the Juniper Rose for Donna Kara jewelry line (hitting stores later this month). Although different from my recent purchase, I was more than pleased to see the remarkable similarities between my F21 piece and Donna Karan’s $595 bracelet. It is most satisfying when you are able to accomplish a designer look for a small fraction of the cost.


In 1937 Coco Chanel began wearing Vendura’s version of the cuff, dubbing her as the woman behind the curtain when it comes to this vision...and ultimately debunking my theory that we owed it all to the fearless Wonder Woman! Regardless of who ignited this trend, it is one that I simply adore! Anything oversized Gives Us Something to Talk About….and clearly that is what I am all about. I can’t get enough of this stuff. With a wide variety of cuffs available, you are bound to find one that suits your style and price point…the only thing missing are the powers of the DC Comic Superhero. Even if we can't save the universe, at least we can look good trying!

Kenneth Jay Lane Multicolored Jeweled Cuff $205, Juicy Couture Dirty Glam Bracelet $128, Juniper Rose for Donna Karan Cuff $595, House of Harlow Black Leather Cuff $120, Forever 21 Textured Polished Cuff $8

No comments:

Post a Comment