Thursday, October 8, 2009

Charmed I'm Sure


While I appreciate the outrageousness of designer Betsey Johnson, normally her clothing line does not seem to suit my style. So the mere fact that I have not stopped thinking about this Betsey Johnson Charmed Necklace for over two weeks proves that it is nothing short of fabulous. Pictures simply don’t do it justice. While it would be hard for one to pinpoint an overall theme for the choice of charms, Johnson has taken these randomly unique items, and combined them in a way that somehow makes sense.

I stood and debated in the department store on whether or not this was a necessary purchase, as my shopper’s anxiety began to kick in. Moping, I left the store without the necklace in hand while my mind raced with all the images of this necklace as decoration on many of my outfits this fall. “What a great necklace to wear to parties,” I thought. “And for the Holiday Season….it would be perfect,” my mind continued. “Honestly Emily, this necklace would go with so many things in your closet and is a great transitional piece.” Lastly, “the addition of this statement piece would undoubtedly be the most important purchase of the season.” I began to notice a trend…and not a fashion trend…a trend in my thought process. The process that began nearly every time I fell in love with a piece of clothing, a great pair of shoes, or a stunning piece of jewelry. My “Justification for Purchasing.” Perhaps that is why my father, a financial advisor, sat me down months ago for a slight shopper/spender intervention…showing me the amount of money that has “disappeared” from my account over the years. Although this intervention has helped me to grow miles as far as my financial maturity is concerned….I can’t help but think that I am somehow missing out on MASSIVELY IMPORTANT ITEMS such as this necklace. I sit here now, picturing myself with a fantastic blazer and a simple white tank, neck adorned with this Betsey Johnson creation.


I write this post with hope that the mere discussion of this remarkable piece of jewelry will somehow curb my constant thoughts of justifying the purchase of this necklace. It is haunting me day and night. Fun and flirty, with a little bit of edge…this charmed masterpiece has it all. If unsuccessful in this endeavor to alleviate my brain from visions of this necklace, perhaps my adoring fiancĂ© will read this post and commit an action that will undoubtedly cure my obsession (hint! hint!)...and just make the purchase. I do hope it is the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment