Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SANTA FE, ARE YOU THERE?


Please excuse my "Newsies" tribute, but when I read the words Santa Fe, I am immediately reverted back to childhood memories of watching Jack Kelly (Christian Bale) singing, longing for the western city.  Inspired by a trip to Santa Fe, Jack McCoullough and Lazaro Hernandez incorporated Native American references into yet another lust-worthy collection at Proenza Schouler.  Although this was only one of many Fall 2011 collections possessing a tribal influence, PS didn't disappear into the crowds.  Their pixelated prints were original and eye-catching. In a wide array of mustards, reds, and saturated neutrals, every slouchy pant, tailored jacket, cozy knit, and updated pencil is fantastically fresh.  

I find myself frustrated with my complete infatuation with this collection, but perhaps the ever so steep price tags of PS will only continue my motivation down a successful career path.  Although these creations have so far only been viewed on a 5'11'' uber thin model figure, it is obvious that each sleek silhouette will be equally as flattering on the bodies of those of us with a slightly more typical physique.  Even the southwestern velvet prints are incredibly chic, with cuts that don't add the extra bulk of say the braided velvets at Carlos Miele (not a personal FW fav).  Beautiful styling, wearable creations, and heart skips a beat designs....Proenza, you had me a first look.  








1 comment: