Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bringing Home The Birkin


Well, if you can't have the actual Birkin, how about the next best thing? The "Together Bag" by Thursday Friday isn't just your everyday tote. Ok, it is, but the screenprinted Birkin-esque image on the side gives it a little extra umph. I share the sentiment of Carrie Bradshaw and Samantha Jones. The Birkin isn't really my style, but it is a status symbol, and has been for years. And I definitely wouldn't mind the addition to my handbag collection.  But for now, I think I will settled for the canvas version.  This tote is fully-lined and complete with inside pockets, perfect for holding your special belongings safe while trotting off to the grocery store, gym, or whereever you find this accessory an appropriate companion. Personally, I find the concept fabulous. Taking something so out of reach for the average consumer, and making a satirical imitation that is easily available to the masses. Or so that is the concept. However, even the tote Birkin has a waiting list! Place your orders now, cause this hot little number isn't even shipping til March! At least you won't have to drop Lucy Liu's name to get your hands on one!

Photobucket
 Thursday Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment