Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spikes In My Dreams

I have mentioned these bad babies in a previous post on the fabulous red soled shoes, however they were mentioned in regards to the men's version. Well, yesterday was Sunday Funday which consisted of brunch (unlimited drinks included) with the ball and chain and a fantastically fellow trend-loving new friend. After eating, more so drinking, our brunch, we headed to the Meatpacking District to "window shop." Never did I know that I would fall in love on the journey further west, but I fate ensued. We ventured into Jeffrey, primarily to check out Missoni's new kicks for Converse which are utterly hot, but soon our attention drifted to a saleswoman's feet. The lady's ensemble was nothing out of the ordinary nor even anything worth noting. Skinny black jeans, black tee, black blazer, limited to no jewelry...BUT when you looked down you saw none other that the Christian Louboutin velvet spiked loafers (the Rollerballs). I mean, I get it girl...nothing else was needed when you have these pretty babies on your tooties. Seriously, it was love at first sight. The way the light hit each individual spike was enough to steal your eye and keep it focused. After possibly hours of staring at the woman's feet I thought she may be getting weirded out, but then again, who wears these shoes without wanting the attention. These shoes DEMAND attention. OFF these shoes are amazing, but ON they go to a whole other level. When I showed my mother these "Christmas List" worthy slippers, she replied that her coworker said they reminded her of the turtle from old school Mario Bros. While I find this comparison rather humorous, I also realize that not everyone gets them. But let me tell you this... even if you don't fully understand the value and beauty behind this little velvet pieces of heaven, you have to understand the head-turning capability that these shoes possess. I find myself daydreaming about these shoes, to the extent that I truely believe that they will magically appear on my feet. Just not sure how at just under a grand! So in the meantime, if you happen to appear in my dreams, make sure you don't step on my toes barefoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment