Thursday, January 7, 2010


H&M was one of my staple shopping spots during my days in NYC...however, after reading this article on New York's The Cut I became immediately disgusted by the discount clothing store. Throwing out unworn, unpurchased clothing? Not donating it? Are you kidding me? Actually going to the extreme of making sure a homeless person couldn't find the clothing in your dumpster...all in one piece and stay warm for a night...or a season? There are people sleeping on the streets....in the cold...and H&M is trashing their unbought items? I am sorry but this is beyond NOT ok, and particularly when our country is in such a time of need. I felt this article was valuable enough to share so please read the following that I took from The Cut and decide for yourself...personally, it will be a LONG TIME before I will ever purchase (if ever) an H&M piece of clothing.

H&M Destroys and Throws Out Perfectly Good Unworn Clothing

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this article is shocking! It seems strange that they would rather PAY employees to destroy the clothing (because of course they're on the clock) than donate these goods, which would take so much less time and do SO much more good! I'm sure now that this info is public, Wal-Mart and H&M will scramble their PR teams together to react responsibly, but would they change their ways had they not gotten called out? Verrrrry interesting!

    ReplyDelete