Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust!



Ok, I PLAN for this to be my last post commenting on something that I have recently purchased…it has to be…until I find new employment. Hopefully my shopping fever has been cured through this recent finding and I will be able to restrain myself from my continuing desire for new closet additions, at least temporarily.

Last night I attended a Genetic Denim trunk show at one of my favorite boutiques in Wilmington, Oliver. Oliver is yet another hot spot on my fashion radar; a place that seems to suck me in and forget all the worries of the outside world. I ventured to Oliver in the cold rain in order to attend this event. Over a Pacifico, my fiancé and I scoured the endless racks of clothing. My dear friend Billy was also in attendance, and asked me if I saw anything that I liked…my response? “I see TONS of stuff that I want but until I find a new job I HAVE to restrain myself.” Yep, that didn’t happen.

I have been searching for a new, great purse that would go with nearly everything. I have a massive collection of clutches, but contrary to others’ opinions, I never seem to have a great everyday purse. Others would see my handbag collection and laugh at this statement, but honestly I have been in dire need of a classic, good quality handbag. With my budget currently on the tight end, I knew that if I purchased a NICE purse, it needed to be one that could be used for a few seasons, not the neon pink one that I saw a few weeks ago and is still haunting my brain. Then I spotted it…in the SALE section, (so at least I get props for that!) a brown leather Kooba. Classic, beautiful, and ultra chic. With its soft brown leather, five small gold buckles, and amazing lines, I knew this was the one…the purse that I could justify swiping my debit card for. Nothing is as classic as a brown leather handbag, and if you find the right shade, it can go with everything…even black. This purse is the perfect shade. I had full intention of attending this event and simply blogging about my experience of the trunk show, not on a new purchase, but once again my lust for great fashion pieces took over.

While still a large purchase, the purse had been marked 50% off, which ultimately makes it a complete steal, right? How this purse landed on the sale table is beyond me, but it stared at me like a big eyed teddy bear longing to be taken home. And I couldn’t leave a purse in such misery….so it now has a new home….my arm.

The moral of this story is one that was taught to me by the owner of Oliver. I sat and debated on whether or not I could justify this purchase…again that temporary shopper’s anxiety. I told her I longed for this bag. I turned to my fiancé and asked if it would be ok if I got it. He looked at me, but before he could answer, Kelly Oliver stated, “Emily, when it is marked 50% off, it’s a rule, you don’t have to ask.” So ladies, married, engaged, or still on the parents’ tab, here is your new rule…if it is marked 50% off, you don’t have to ask. It automatically makes it a bargain and is completely justifiable!

2 comments:

  1. OK Em, you were right, this is a classic!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am OBSESSED with this bag. Awesome awesome find!

    ReplyDelete