Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Fab Collab


The latest edition of Another Fab Collab comes a few weeks, or actually a couple months later than planned.  But what can I say, I have been swamped.  For those of you who know me, you know I am a sucker for shoes.  I first fell in love with these tribal print wedges on a new friend's blog, The View From 5ft2.  We discussed their overwhelming appeal, while editors, bloggers, and customers began to swoon over the collection.   I anxiously awaited the release and walked through ALDO's door within a few days of their arrival.  Designer Julian Louie + ALDO = stop you in the street shoes.  Literally.  Just the other day I was wearing my orange Deannas and I was stopped in the street by a man who just wanted to tell me "how amazing those shoes are."  And trust me, in NYC, it takes an exceptional shoe to grab one's attention.

Deanna

This collaboration has produced a gorgeous and unique collection of the perfect wedges to pair with a much more subtle ensemble.  I tend to wear alot of neutrals, mainly black, so Julian Louie for ALDO Deannas are a nice breath of fresh air to my neutral palette.  There isn't one pair in the collection that I wouldn't love to have.  While they are the perfect addition to your spring ensemble, these shoes are more than appropriate year round when paired with the right counterparts.  The photos and video speak for themselves.  These shoes are sensational.  The nude Sobeslavas are next on my list and at $125 a pop, pair #2 is totally doable.  A few pair are sold online, and the rest in select ALDO stores.  It would be a shame to miss out on this amazingly affordable and uber chic collection by Julian Louie for ALDO.  My hats go off to Julian Louie for perhaps my favorite fab collab to date. 


Sobeslava & Deanna



No comments:

Post a Comment