Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dear Michael, Volume I


Dear Michael,

Remember that little trip we took last summer?  You know, the one to Italy where we got married?  Well if you recall, there was a tiny but fabulous boutique right by the Palazzo Vecchio that I made you go in about five times.  I think each time you managed to scurry yourself across the cobblestones to that little sandwich hut that you claimed is still the best lunch spot you have ever been to.  However, with that being said, I kept returning to that spot to view and discuss a certain pair of metal fringed earrings, complete with tiny skulls.  I drooled over those earrings.  It was one of those pieces that I couldn't get out of my head.  But with a good ten European shopping days ahead of us, I opted to hold out, but still secretly wishing that these would magically appear on my ears, compliments of my new husband.  Sadly, this dream never became a reality.  

Upon returning to the states, we picked up and moved to NYC.  Being the shopping cap of the world, it was inevitable that these tinseled beauties would reappear.  You told me to get them, that I hadn't stopped thinking about them and I should just go ahead and buy them.  As sweet as this sounded, I think that it was more so based on me TALKING about them instead of thinking about them.  Perhaps a gag tactic?  Some sort of a trick no doubt.  I tried them on this time, but again, opted out due to the fact that I was job searching and perhaps these should just wait.  But let me just say that I was still secretly wanting them to appear in a bow-topped box.

Well, guess what?  You should have grabbed the earrings while you still had a chance.  Cause I still have Iosselliani on my mind, and now the stakes have gotten higher.  Love, I am craving this Multi-colored Stone Encrusted Metal Fringed Necklace.  Same designer.  More bells and whistles.  This perfectly constructed accessory is a work of art.  Gold, silver, black, and colors?  I can wear this with anything.  Tribal influences?  Don't worry hun.  In now and all over the runway for the fall.  Two seasons minimum.  Don't know where to get it?  Got it covered!  You know that fantastic boutique I worked in back on the NC coast?  Well Beanie + Cecil has picked up this line.  I've got them on speed dial, they already have my address, and the girls are ready to send it my way.  This line has followed us through the three major spots in our life.  It's like a little puppy that is following me home.  It is kinda like it is meant to be.  Don't you agree?

Love,
Hopelessly Devoted to Iosselliani

No comments:

Post a Comment