Friday, February 18, 2011

EAT YOUR HEART OUT MIDDLETON


I understand that an English designer is in the forefront to design Middleton's gown into royalty, but with the stunning pieces that I saw at Monique Lhuillier, it is a shame that this designer isn't in the running for the job.  Every piece fit for a princess, I was beyond wowed at the gowns toward the latter part of the runway show.  It is the only show in which my camera battery decided to bail. Such a shame as I sat third row and was ready to snap some elegant pics.  Words can't describe the beauty of these garments in the flesh.  Seeing them in person takes my appreciation of Lhuillier's works of art to a whole other level.  


Heaps of lace, volumes of chiffon, and elegant plays on texture were abound throughout the dark palette of Monique's Fall 2011 collection.  Not always a fan of the one-shouldered look, I am surprised at how infatuated I became with her one-shouldered black gown, encompassed in sheer black tulle and encrusted with gold embellishments.   Red carpet worthy no doubt, this mermaid shaped number caused quite a raucous as far as an increased level of camera flashes go.  This amazing creation was in good company with a sea of equally ambitious and perfectly constructed pieces assuredly worthy of the red carpet or an event fit for a queen.   





Photos Above Stolen From Style.com

Aggravated with forgetting to charge my camera, I attempted to snap a few with the iPhone.  The results weren't fantastic, but one blurry finale pic was "good enough" to display and I was able to snap a couple of pics of the more than pleased front row made up of Brittany Snow, Julia Stiles, and Alexandra Richards...and of course took advantage of the photo opp of the fabulous Miss J. Alexander.

Monique Lhuillier Fall 2011 Finale

Brittany Snow, Julia Stiles, & Alexandra Richards 
Front Row at Monique Lhuillier

Miss J. Alexander Post Monique Lhuillier





No comments:

Post a Comment