Friday, January 14, 2011

Tell Me About It Stud

Photobucket

So the beautiful creation of the 3.1 Phillip Lim Edie bag is not necessarily today's newest news.... but when something is stuck in your head...you have to take the necessary steps to free up some of that brain space.  Now I am not at all a "bow" person.  The Gossip Girl bow craze just about did me in. But the gold studded, black leather, drooping bow adorning Edie is in a category all by itself.  Its perfectly placed studs give it just the right amount of edgy hardness that is right on track with today's hottest looks.  The smaller sleek size allows us to maintain our goal of keeping a cleaner and more organized handbag.  The long strap allows us to be handsfree which has become crucial since the move to the big city. It is everything we ask of a purse, wrapped up into one.  Stunning.

Today I walked the streets of Manhattan, taking a peek in various boutiques to check out the fantastic sale racks, but lamely went home with only a pair of $10 sale Splendid gauze shorts that will undoubtedly never be seen outside of my apartment's four walls.  Just as I felt the overwhelming feeling of shopper's defeat, I hear the chiming of my phone only to see a text from my dear friend K...

"Guess who's at B?! A!  She just bought Edie & thinks you should have one too!"

Men are right.  Women are evil.  This text was completed with Edie's recently slashed price that gave me that second shopper's wind of which only those dedicated shopping individuals can relate.  The next text, "Hurry" made my heart skip a beat.  I could feel my hand slowly moving to the credit card that I have dubbed only in case of emergencies.  I paused.  I caught my breath and decided I needed the walk home to think this one through.  The slashed price was beyond a steal, but I still wasn't sure I could pull it off.  

A browsing trip at Urban Outfitters later, I found myself still thinking about the beautifully crafted Edie bag, but had contained the urges to swipe the plastic.  At least I thought.  I return home only to open an email of the photo below with the tagline "I'm with Edie."

Photobucket

Since then, I have been unable to close the attachment of the dustbag covered gift that needs to make its way to my tiny NYC apartment and hop onto my shoulder.  I was informed that if divorce ensued over this purchase, K and A would gladly become my roommates... I hope they understood that this meant paying half my rent...but they also informed that it would all be ok because "I would still have Edie."  The torturous texts ended there and I have been compiling plans as to how I could pull this off ever since...covert plans to hide Edie and more importantly its price tag from my husband and what I could cut out for the next couple months in order to afford its still rather hefty price tag were a few of the thoughts running through my love stricken head.  I can't seem to remove the image.  It must be mine.  it has to happen.... the thoughts won't seem to disappear.  As a last ditch effort, I write this post.  Perhaps this is just the right amount of added fuel to the fire for my sweet other half to pick up the phone and have this baby on the next UPS flight out...The jury is still out.

4 comments:

  1. http://topbrandsreplica.com/product.php?c=311&id=5519
    ^^^is this the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hun.... it says topbrandsREPLICA. So no, it is a knock off, which is NEVER as great as the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, give me two weeks with her, and i'll send her to vacation with you. it is afterall unfair to her to keep her away from the big city. she needs to travel. e mail me your address. angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling, Em. Phillip Lim convertible attache...I wore Geoff down and he gave in...when you love a bag, you LOVE a bag.

    ReplyDelete