Monday, January 3, 2011

BRING IT ON....


So, I apologize for about a month long hiatus but with holiday visitors, Christmas shopping, and celebrating the New Year, I have had little to no time to blog. It may take me a few to get back into the swing of things but here is my first post of 2011!

So let's recap... last year was full of so much. For starters, I got married...in Florence, Italy... greatest day of my life. Then my husband (just now getting used to that word) and I finally relocated to NYC which we had been planning to do for years. And, I started really getting going with Golden Zipper and promoting my blog. It started slow, but now we have 309 Facebook friends and still growing (hint hint spread the word). So overall, 2010 was pretty damn fantastic. It is hard to imagine 2011 being even better, but I am ready to make it happen!

I have never been much for "resolutions" as I feel that they set you up for failure. So while I plan to work out more, eat more healthy, and all of the typicals... I have other kinds of "resolutions" for lack of a better term. For one, this year I plan to shop more. Over the past year, I have grown this obnoxious since of guilt when I want to buy something for myself. It doesn't even matter if it is "free." I even have giftcards that are burning holes in my pockets. It is a terrible trait that I have somehow inherited and it needs to be squashed. So this year, I plan to shop more and more importantly, make substantial purchases. This year I plan to make a few purchases that have been long standing on my list of "To Buys." This year, I will undoubtedly own my first pair of the luscious red-soled Louboutins. It is a M-U-S-T. I will also purchase two nice handbags in 2011. I have been spoiled by a dear friend who has given me two amazing clutches and a fabulous white handbag... and while I won't complain if this trend continues (cough cough), I will actually purchase at least two nice purses on my own. And NOT feel guilty about it. Like my dear friend Angela once said, "It's just money. They'll print more of it." Seriously, if I work hard for it, I can spoil myself a little with a few things that I really really want. I deserve it.

Second, I am going to break out of my uniform of skinny jeans, Nation, Kain, or T by Alexander Wang tees and cute jackets. While I love this look, I am going to rock it a little less often... and spice things up a bit. I will buy more dresses and blouses. I will not buy things that I already have ten similar pieces hanging in my closet. More statement pieces and less completely casual everyday pieces. I will MAKE the statement pieces my EVERYDAY pieces.

Lastly, I will take better care of my vintage. I will replace the lining (or have the lining replaced) in my rabbit hair jacket, keeping of course the original monogram and perhaps adding my own as well. I will have the watchband on my Cartier replaced. I will keep the original but will have a band that hasn't passed its "Velveteen Rabbit" stage. I will also use my vintage clutches more and not simply store them away for a special occasion. They deserve some fresh air.

So there is the Golden Zipper's off the beaten path list of New Year's Resolutions. While some would say that these resolutions won't make me a better person, I disagree. When you are able to present yourself in a manner which makes you proud, you have the confidence to take on the world! So bring it on 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment