Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Fab Collab

I normally would never post back to back Fab Collabs, but this is one that I have been waiting for.  Vera Wang bridal is the essence of an elegant wedding. Whether it's an over the top raw tulle, draped gown or a sleek, perfectly ruched classic, wearing Vera on your wedding day pretty much guarantees you to be a beautiful bride.  At rather hefty price tags, it is rare for one to be able to afford these bridal beauties.  Well now you can have the best of both worlds. The bridal genius has decided to merge her talents with the cost-conscious retail chain, David's Bridal.

Photobucket
I have to admit that I was hesitant when I first heard of this collaboration, however, the recently released photos show beautiful gowns with what appears to be high-quality fabrics and even higher-quality designs.  Personally, I am in love with the "Strapless Organza Fit and Flare Gown" featured in blush, but all of the gowns have mastered the essence of Vera Wang Couture while maintaining the price range of the discount bridal boutique.  With White by Vera's prices ranging from $600 to $1400 and with sizes from 0 to 14 this is line that is bound to be a popular pick this year for those about to say, "I Do!"

Vera believes that "every bride deserves a great design" when it comes to her special day, and I couldn't agree more. Last August, I eloped to Florence, Italy to marry the man of my dreams (of TheSmackdab ).  When it came to picking my special design, I myself tried gowns by Vera.  For me, the Diana hit it out of the ballpark, however I decided to take a more creative and special route.  I figured that for travel that I wanted and needed something more simplistic but I also knew that a full and soft gown was definitely in order.  I immediately thought of an Elie Saab dress worn by Rachel McAdams to the 2010 Oscars.  With a simple, deep sweetheart, semi-basketweave ruching, and and a beautifully soft train, I used this gown as my inspiration when I decided to design my own wedding dress.  I lucked out that my father dates an amazing seamstress who was willing to take my sketches and make my vision become a reality.  My designs and her more than impeccable work gave me a result that was exactly what I was looking for, and not to mention perfectly fitted to my body.  My hand-crafted, perfectly-sculpted gown partnered with an amazing photographer and the breath-taking backdrops of Florence Italy, resulted in effortlessly chic elegance on the most memorable and romantic day of my life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photography by Alessandro Ghedina, Gown Designed by Emily Cutts and Created by Lana Barsova, Shoes by Loeffler Randall from Beanie + Cecil of Wilmington

No comments:

Post a Comment