Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Beautifully Talented Duo


The great thing about NYC is that you are constantly surrounded by fascinating people. This weekend I had the great pleasure of sharing brunch at The Spotted Pig with three amazingly talented and creative individuals. My friend from NC, Sherry Black, a fantastic interior designer was in town transforming an upper east side apartment into an elegant and exquisite masterpiece. Upon receiving photos (hint hint Sherry), I will hopefully get to show you at least a few highlights of BY FAR the most beautiful apartment I have yet to see in NYC. Words cannot describe.


So, I met Sherry for brunch and a couple of her friends joined. The couple not only exuded an overwhelming feeling of love and adoration for one another, but they also were jam-packed with creative genius. We shared stories, laughs, and quite a few too many calories (those damn garlic rosemary fries). After our meal, I was eager to get home and further explore the talents of my two new friends.

Photography: Michael David Adams

Viktorija Bowers, raised in Croatia, a fantastically talented makeup artist whose clients range from InStyle and WWD to Diane von Furstenberg and Neiman Marcus. Of course my crazy obsessed mind raced as she discussed meeting my fav....none other than Heidi Klum....but the real beauty behind Viktorija was her genuineness, her love for the world, and the people that surround her. Upon discovering her website, I was enamored with the talent that she possesses with the touch of a brush. Every look from beauty shots to high fashion editorials were done with perfection and every picture is one of those photos that makes you want to run to Sephora, buy new makeup, and play for hours in the mirror (I really hope I am not the only one who does that!). Of course these are visions that I would never be able to recreate, but that makes her all the more intriguing. Viktorija highlights the most beautiful attributes of each model, taking eye makeup to the next level and creating a pout that draws the eye. Each canvas she paints is flawless. Whether you find her work within the pages of a high fashion magazine or on the cover, you are bound to be overwhelmed by her fascinating talent.


Viktorija's other half, is an equally lovely and talented fashion photographer. Not only is he found within the pages of fashion's elite publications, but he is even shooting the covers...a feat that most photographers never reach. With everything from whimsical bridal shoots to edgy fashion editorials, with each click, the next photo continues to exceed the viewer's expectation. I have taken quite a few photography classes, and have studied a variety of different photographers' work, and Michael's photographs are honestly within a whole other class. The way in which Michael seems to defy gravity within four walls of a photograph is breathtaking. His artistic pieces are works that make you stop and really examine, wondering how one would be able to create such a vision. Each work where Michael and Viktorija are teamed together, is a creative masterpiece.


Aside from the overwhelming talent that surrounded me at the corner table, I was emotionally overtaken by the love that seemed to pour from each of these individuals. I am not only talking about their fascinating infatuation for one another, that they still maintain after ten years, but their love for life and all people was something to aspire to replicate. They are inspirational not only professionally, but on a personal level as well. I am blessed to have been introduced to such wonderful individuals that I am glad to now call friends. I highly recommend that you take yourself on a creative voyage through the pages on each of their websites (linked above) to fully understand the beauty and talent that Viktorija and Michael possess. It is a journey that you will undoubtedly want to relive time after time again.

1 comment:

  1. I completely endorse this duo! Fantastic writing.

    a friend-
    Aparna

    ReplyDelete