Sunday, September 26, 2010

E.C.C. + A.L.C. = L.O.V.E.


You are bound to know fashion when you have been styling everyone from Jennifer Lopez to Gwen Stefani. Andrea Lieberman, stylist to the stars, puts chic into everyday, versatile pieces. And for this fall, A.L.C. is all about Parisian Chic. Since my recent elopement to Europe, "Parisian Chic" is right up my alley. Lieberman's perfectly crafted basics are pieces that easily transition from season to season. Their signature "Twisty T" dresses and surprisingly flattering horizontal stripes take simple cotton pieces to the next level. Currently the favorite dress in my closet, is my A.L.C. black Bandage Dress. Ultra sleek, can be worn to the knees for day time or business attire and scrunched up for a sexy look for a night out. These pieces are perfect for traveling. Even when pulled wrinkled out of a suitcase, the dress maintains its shape and the wrinkles only add to the expertly draped look.


The first A.L.C. fall shipment arrived at Beanie + Cecil right before I departed for NYC. As we unpacked the box, each piece caused the room to fill with "ooohs" and "ahhhs." Tapered Georgette Pants..."oooh"....French Lace Mini Dress... "ahhh"...Tie-Dye Wool Blend Sweater..."ohhh la la." Seriously. Each piece is beyond fabulous on its own and even more fabulous when pieced together with its equally magnificent counterparts. With the thoughts of my approaching (now current) move to NYC and lack of secured employment ahead, I did what any fashion loving gal would do...I bought a couple pieces before boarding my plane! The Tapered Georgette Pants and The Chloe Dress were not unnecessary splurges, more so needed investments to help sophisticate my look and ultimately help me secure a job....right? Justified.


If "sumptuously soft knits, romantic lace dresses and a selection of basics cut to perfection," sparks your interest, then A.L.C. is meant to meet your closet. Perhaps you are like me...you have a Kardashian guilty pleasure. If so, you may have seen those crazy sisters sporting not only the African Tweed Jacket, but also the black and nude Drape Dress from this past spring's collection. Which means ladies....these pieces are cut for some curves. No boyish stick figures used when creating these patterns. If the Kardashian rear works in these pieces, then clearly these pieces give you a little wiggle room! Lieberman undoubtedly had the "everyday woman" in mind when designing this line. Each piece is impeccably shaped, cut, and draped for THE ultimate flattering look. Currently my favorite line, I highly recommend the addition of some A.L.C. into your life. Your first purchase won't be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment