Wednesday, July 7, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking...


So seriously I haven’t written on Golden Zipper since May….well I guess with all the “changes” that I have been going through…it kinda makes sense that I have not had much time for blogging. No worries, nothing too crazy. All changes for the positive. Since I got engaged last June (we’re talking 2009) things have been a little nuts to say the least. We planned the whole “big wedding shindig” and after months of planning I decided, “what the hell….this so SO not me.” Marriage is supposed to be just about the commitment that I am making to the love of my life, not about what color monogrammed napkins I would like to have at the bar. So, fiancé and I decided to elope. In August we are heading to Italy to be married in Florence. So much more me, more exciting, more spontaneous, and slightly out of my comfort zone, which of course makes it all the more fantastic. And just to add a little more spice to the pot…we’re relocating….and if you know me at all….you can probably guess where. Yes, I am heading back to my homeland…back to NYC. The greatest city in the world, the place where I feel alive, “the concrete jungle where dreams are made of”…yep I said it. So with all these changes, you can understand how blogging has fallen by the wayside. But baby, I’m back….So, make plans to be reading about my plans, my adventures, and of course the greatest and latest fashion trends. So buckle your motorcycle booties and get ready to ride!

Rag & Bone Motorcycle Booties, available this fall


Speaking of motorcycle booties….let’s chat. I mean seriously, the moto look is beyond in this fall. Everyone from Rag & Bone to Miu Miu are preparing for the motorcycle bootie craze. Something to spice up the plain flat black bootie from last fall…add that Harley-inspired hardware and you are ready to roll. Again, it’s all about the hard and the soft. Mixing the two. You can pair a feminine floral dress with tights and a pair of motorcycle booties and immediately turn the heads of the fashionably-inclined. It’s all about the contrast, unless you are heading straight into the ultra-hot menswear inspired trend, which seriously, I love….but that is a whole other post. For us 5-inch stiletto loving fools, rocking this often flat, clunky, hard motorcycle booties may feel a little unnatural, but what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger…..or at least we will look tougher!

No comments:

Post a Comment