Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Be-wear, Be-wear, Be Very Very Wear!


There is no excuse to not look somewhat fashionable on Halloween. For those of us that are fashion-obsessed, it is vital that we maintain somewhat of a style reputation even on this night of fright. Celebrities have been doing this for years, rocking costumes ranging from Alice in Wonderland to a Blue Indian Goddess, and still maintaining an ultra-chic look. No one does Halloween like Heidi Klum. Year after year her costumes are unbeatable and simply amazing. Regardless of the genre, her look is guaranteed to be sexy, but never slutty.


With current trends including everything from hotpants, fur, and corsets to funky tights, feathers, and over-the-top accessories, if you play your cards right, you are bound to end up with a Halloween look, worthy of Page Six! This year, I have yet to decide what my theme will be. In high school I was Christina Aguilera, a couple of years ago I went as Margot Tenenbaum, and in college one year I was a White Russian (just to name a few). This year I have been toying with playing the role of Betty Boop, or Madonna, complete with a cone bra. Whatever I decide, I need to make my decision quick cause my costume is required to be fabulous and will take some time to prepare!

Halloween is a great excuse to pull out all the stops. The biggest flaw you can make is playing it too safe! Being too cool to dress up is completely lame. Having been to school in Chapel Hill, THE place to be on October 31st, I have seen my fair share of amazing costumes…therefore making sure that my costume is completely Wowable is high on my priority list! A simple store-bought costume is never the way to go. You don’t want to see yourself in the same room! Hitting up a fabulous vintage store for a funky frock to make your ensemble complete is a great way to ensure that you will end up completely unique.


How about sharing some of your favorite Halloween costumes? Comment below or feel free to email me pics of you or your friend’s great costume creations and I will share them on GOLDEN ZIPPER (you permitting of course!) Most importantly, please be safe this Halloween….it can get pretty scary out there!

1 comment:

  1. your costume this year was awesome, emily! i was a mummy. guess i needed your help ;)

    ReplyDelete