Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ZIP IT!!!


This weekend I decided to avoid the monsoon that Eastern North Carolina was experiencing, and nestle myself inside the luxurious boutique, Beanie + Cecil. Having temporarily curbed my shopping habit in the midst of considering relocation, I simply had had enough. My recent restraint has helped me to develop a stronger selection process when it comes to the world of shopping. Strangely enough, buying one signature piece for the fall was enough to satisfy my urge to spend the green…and at Beanie my temptations are always heightened. My purchase? An ultra chic pair of LNA low-rise black leggings, adorning an exposed GOLDEN ZIPPER….and honestly they are to DIE for! (still a few pair left so grab 'em quick!)


If you haven’t noticed the recent trends with zippers, then quite frankly, you just aren’t paying attention. Stylist to the stars, Rachel Zoe stated, “Alber Elbaz pioneered the whole exposed zipper thing at Lanvin.” And since I have no information that would dispute this claim, my hat goes off to Mr. Elbaz. He has begun an era in which the interlocking teeth are no longer just there for functionality; they now play a major role in the works of art being created by today’s designers. An exposed zipper in a contrasting hue on the back of a 3.1 Phillip Lim cocktail dress, or the bare metal teeth used as trimming to create a textured ruffle on a basic pair of Jeffrey Campbell flats (selling out nationwide) are two small ways in which zippers are making a fashion statement.


Great clothing is sexy in its own right, but when you pop on a little gold zipper….it helps add a little flirt. “It alludes a lot, the zipper,” adds Zoe. Hinting to what is beneath the clothing is simply one talent that the zipper naturally possesses. Who doesn’t want to look a little sexier? The zipper is a great way to tempt and seduce while still leaving a little to the imagination (the vital components of being sexy while still classy). So this fall, don’t worry with whether or not your zipper is up, just make sure your zipper is showing!

2 comments:

  1. oooo I like these but I really don't think I could pull them off. You def can though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those leggings look good! i could ski in those.lol or my girlfren could wear them around the house.lol i guess you'd wear a short skirt with them or like Sullie--hot pants? very sexy!

    ReplyDelete